What's the story behind your tattoo?

I love this story…

Check out this amazing story from Whispering Danny.

The way he shares it is quite mesmerizing!

About these ads

6 responses

1. stan cooper

Hi, as a Christian tattooist i would like to make a comment.
    The word tattoo never existed in the english language until 1769 when Joseph Banks, the naturalist, aboard Captain Cooks ship H.M.S. Endeavour made reference to it, describing how in Samoan culture they marked themselves with a tattoo ( his spelling being tatau).
    So when you read in the Bible Leviticus 19:28…you shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor tattoo any marks on you, i am the Lord………. The word tattoo has been added……… It is not in the King James Version as the word tattoo did not exist, at the time it was translated.

March 10, 2012 at 1:26 pm

• Thanks Stan… fascinating stuff. Is there any way I could use some of your handi-work on my site? I’m looking to up-date it somewhat…

March 11, 2012 at 8:04 pm

• stan cooper

Hi Chris, I would be happy to send you anything you would think appropriate. I have photos of my work or is it the historical back ground you are interested in? Sadly there isn’t much in the way of written history. Stan

March 11, 2012 at 8:45 pm

• Thanks Stan,
        I would love to see pictures of your work and also any stories to share would be amazing!
        God bless, Chris

March 11, 2012 at 11:33 pm

2. stan cooper

Hi Chris, Sorry i couldn’t send the photo’s as your email address wont accept attachments. Probally because i am not very good with PCs. Not quite a ludite but close!! lol God Bless, Stan

March 13, 2012 at 1:16 pm

3. That’s OK Stan, how about sending them to me at this address: chris@lightproject.org.uk

March 13, 2012 at 1:19 pm